The stated purpose of Mohawk Valley EGA is to promote cooperation and interchange of ideas among those interested in needlework; to maintain a high standard of technique and design in needlework and to stimulate interest in needle art in the community.
- President: Elizabeth Naculich
- Treasurer: Mary Willmott
- Region Representative: Ann Harris
- The Mohawk Valley Chapter of EGA welcomes members to its monthly meetings, held at 10:30 a.m. on the first Monday, August – June, at St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 25 Oxford Road, New Hartford, NY.
- Currently, we are starting to meet in person and also have scheduled some meetings and programs on Zoom. All in person meetings are dependent on the current COVID situation in our area. Contact us for information and check back for changes in the schedule.
- Monthly meetings include a business meeting as well as a program and stitch-in.
- Guests are always welcome.
Here is the schedule for the next few months:
Sit and Stitch
Join us as we share time to stitch and chat from our own homes via Zoom. These get togethers are held every two weeks. Contact us if you wish to participate.
Special Interest Groups
These online groups have been developed to educate and encourage stitchers who are interested in a particular type of stitching or project. To participate, contact us.
This group of stitchers began participating in this blackwork stitch-a-long via Zoom meetings early in 2021. For more information about Peppermint Purple and blackwork, follow this link. Stitch-a-longs are great fun as they are completed one small piece at a time throughout a year. This link will show you how our stitchers used a variety of colors, threads, and borders in 2021. For 2022, some of us are continuing with this project, while others are branching out.
Those interested in needle painting have begun an online group whose members worked with Trish Burr’s book Needle Painting Embroidery. In 2022, there will be more projects. To join this group, contact us.
This group of stitchers began working on this sampler from Long Dog Samplers early in 2020. Meeting via Zoom, they are still working on it and encouraging each other toward completion. Contact us if you are interested in joining us.
Check back to find out about a new group forming in 2022. Members will be focusing on goldwork.
2022 Member Projects
Rabbits at Dawn
Crewel Work Company
Stitched by Elizabeth Naculich
This link will take you to the 2021 Member Projects.